Carmine R. Villani, Esq. is a founding partner of Villani & DeLuca, P.C. He began practicing in 1992 and founded Villani & DeLuca, P.C., with fellow New England School of Law Graduate, Vincent C. DeLuca in 1996. The firm has continued its growth developing a strong reputation with Mr. Villani and his team focusing on criminal and DWI defense cases and Mr. DeLuca and his team focusing on the firms family court matters. Mr. Villani has served as a municipal prosecutor and municipal public defender in numerous municipalities in Ocean County and Monmouth County throughout his legal career.
Mr. Villani handles criminal defense, at both the Superior Court and Municipal Court levels. Mr. Villani appears regularly in the Superior Court of New Jersey Criminal Division, Ocean County, as well as the the Superior Court of New Jersey Criminal Division, Monmouth County. Although handling criminal defense throughout New Jersey with offices in Ocean and Monmouth County Mr. Villani focuses his attention mostly in Ocean and Monmouth County. As far as Municipal Court which has original jurisdiction on all disorderly persons and traffic offense, Mr. Villani spends his days throughout the municipal courts of Ocean and Monmouth County. He regularly appears in Ocean County Municipal Courts most frequently in Point Pleasant Beach, Point Pleasant Borough, Brick, Toms River, Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, Stafford Township, Lakewood, Jackson, Manchester, Bay head, Mantoloking, Lavallette and on Long Beach Island. He also regularly appears in Monmouth County Municipal Courts including, Wall Township, Belmar, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights,Brielle, Manasquan, Long Branch, Freehold, Neptune, Tinton Falls, Colts Neck, Howell Township, and Asbury Park. Mr. Villani is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) as well as the National College for DUI Defense (NCDD). He prides himself on keeping up with legal trends and attends continuing legal education seminars throughout the country in the area of Criminal and DWI defense.
Partner, Villani & DeLuca, P.C. (November 1996 – present)
- Carmine R. Villani attended a seminar at Harvard Law School hosted by the NCDD (National College for DUI Defense): “Persuading with Professionalism” from July 23 through July 25, 2015.
- Mr. Villani attended three seminars in July 2015 in Toms River through the NJCLE Garden State CLE. The NJCLES (New Jersey Continuing Legal Education Services, LLC) is approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey as an accredited provider of CLE credits in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Presenter/Instructor at the New Jersey DWI Institute, “Understanding the Breath Test Refusal Charge: Elements and Consequences” in July 2014.
- Public Defender in the Township of Colts Neck from 2000 through to the present.
- Conflict Public Defender in the Borough of Point Pleasant Beach from 2002 through 2009.
- Public Defender for the Borough of Point Pleasant Beach from January 2006 through January 2007.
- Villani has also served on the District IIIA Attorney Ethics Committee as a Member, Investigator, Presenter and Panel Chairperson during his tenure from 2002 through 2005.
- From January 2002 through January 2005, Mr. Villani served as Zoning Board of Adjustment Attorney in the Township of Brick.
- In 2004, Mr. Villani was appointed Special Counsel to the Berkeley Township MUA.
- Conflict Public Defender in the Township of Barnegat from 1999 through 2003.
- Conflict Pool Attorney in the Township of Brick from 1998 through 2002.
- Conflict Public Defender in the Township of Brick from 1998 through 2002.
- Villani also has gained a wealth of experience in criminal law matters serving as Municipal Prosecutor in the Borough of Keansburg from July 1, 1999 through July 1, 2000.
- Public Defender in the Borough of Keansburg from July 1998 through July 1999.
- Villani is also a former Monmouth County Joint Insurance Fund Attorney defending Monmouth County Liquor License/ABC.
- In November 1996, Carmine R. Villani and Vincent C. DeLuca founded the law firm of Villani & DeLuca, P.C.
Associate Attorney, McLaughlin Bennett Gelson & Cramer, P.C. (January 1996 – October 1996)
From January 1996 through October 1996, Mr. Villani was an Associate Attorney at McLaughlin Bennett Gelson & Cramer, P.C., Wall, New Jersey, where he was Acting Municipal Prosecutor in the Township of Colts Neck. Additionally, Mr. Villani's practice during this time concentrated in civil and criminal litigation; and residential and commercial real estate transactions.
Associate Attorney, Ansell Zaro Bennett & Grimm, P.C. (December 1992 – January 1996)
From December 1992 through January 1996, Mr. Villani was an Associate Attorney at Ansell Zaro Bennett & Grimm, P.C., Eatontown, New Jersey. During this time Mr. Villani served as Associate Township Attorney for the Borough of Sayreville, Township of Hazlet, and Township of Marlboro; Associate Bond Counsel for the Borough of Seaside Heights and a Member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers. Furthermore, Mr. Villani's practice concentrated in civil litigation, and residential and commercial real estate.
Adjunct Professor, Brookdale Community College (1993 – 1994)
From 1993 through 1994, Mr. Villani taught at Brookdale Community College as an Adjunct Professor in the Legal Studies Program.
- Admitted to the New Jersey State Bar and Federal District Court Bar in 1992
- Admitted to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Bar in 1992
- Admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
NEW ENGLAND SCHOOL OF LAW, Boston, Massachusetts
Juris Doctorate Degree, May 1992
Honors: 1992 New England Scholar Award for Academic Achievement
Activities: While in law school, Mr. Villani gained tremendous experience as a Student Prosecutor at the Massachusetts Office of the District Attorney Boston, MA. In 1991, Mr. Villani was a research assistant to Professor Alan M. Dershowitz, Harvard Law School.
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, New Brunswick, New Jersey
Bachelor of Arts Degree, double major in Economics and Communications May 1989
Activities: President of Beta Theta Pi fraternity
Community and Civic Activities
- Member of the American Association for Justice
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member of the Ocean County and Monmouth County Bar Associations
- Ocean County Bar Association Criminal Practice Committee 2010
- Ocean County Bar Association Municipal Court Practice Committee 2010
- Member-Metedeconk River Yacht Club